Game Night Staff: Media Relations
Manage all aspects of the factual research process for assigned projects to ensure factual accuracy, journalistic integrity, and overall compliance with editorial standards of NGP and NGC's film and television content.
• Provide prompt, thorough research analysis and feedback on assigned productions for linear and streaming content. From treatment, shooting scripts, rough cuts, fine cuts, through final delivery.
• Diplomatically guide production executives, producers, writers, and external researchers to address factual inaccuracies and ensure compliance with NGC editorial standards.
• Manage production teams in the creation of a complete annotated script, providing instruction, feedback, and additional research to get to an acceptable final script and approved video, audio, graphics, and lower-thirds.
• Suggest visual edits and narration changes to address accuracy, premise, context, balance, and character issues.
• Conduct research, provide feedback, and create annotated scripts for feature documentaries and other special projects, as needed.
• Fact-check acquired programs.
• Evaluate new program proposals/treatments and write Editorial Research Assessments as part of the greenlight process.
• Work with development team, executive producers, and acquisition managers to address accuracy, premise, context, balance, and character issues prior to production.
• Manage research for select, high profile re-versioning projects, working with Yellow Border Production Services to fix programs that are dated, or are being re-purposed as a new program.
• Provide guidance and support to editorial research assistants and interns as requested by Directors.
• Research, edit, and write materials to support marketing/PR, communications, social media departments on selected NGC and NG-branded video content.
• Minimum of 3 years of editorial research experience.
• Excellent research, oral, and written communication skills.
• High analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must exercise independent judgment and negotiate effectively and diplomatically under pressure.
• Must be organized, self-motivated, and resourceful.
• Must be able to solve editorial problems quickly and creatively; complete multiple, simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines; focus in a fast-paced, busy work environment.
• Science, history, and/or journalism background
• Foreign language skills
• Television industry background
• Understanding of video editing capabilities and limitations
• Bachelor's degree in a research-intensive field.
• Master's degree
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyqv0-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.