Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Analystis a key member in our residuals department and will interact with various departments throughout the company in order to facilitate the payment of various residual obligations.
• Prepares and analyzes revenue reports for applicable markets of television and theatrical products
• Assists in calculating and processing residual payments to all signatory guilds on a semi-monthly and quarterly basis
• Assists in monitoring monthly and quarterly payments to ensure that residual payments are made on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with various guild agreements
• Researches, analyzes and interprets legal and financial source documents to determine theatrical and television obligations as part of setting up clients to be paid
• Researches and supports management with various written correspondence and oral inquiries pertaining to residual payments from the guilds, talent, and internal partners
• Prepares forecasts of residual cost implications for possible residual deals for Industrial Relations to be used in negotiations with various unions and guilds under direction of senior team
• Participates in testing and implementation process of new systems
• Bachelor's required, a focus in Finance, Accounting or related area preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
• Proficiency in Excel, Zoom, and Word Zoom, Word, and Excel are required
• Able to handle detailed information efficiently and effectively
• Able to work independently and adapt to the changing needs in the division
• Able to prioritize and schedule work optimally, as there are typically several ongoing projects during the same time frame
• Able to reason through issues and resolve problems independently
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqmbj-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.