Senior Finance Analyst – Compensation
Global Compensation COE (Center of Expertise)
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
The Senior Analyst will provide support to Financial and Business colleagues and assist in financial planning as well as promoting financial discipline. Key components of the role include assisting with financial evaluation, reporting, analysis and data processing for compensation and headcount for the Company with focus on the regions within a cluster. The Snr. Analyst will provide financial reporting and analytical support to be used for strategic and tactical decision-making, long range financial plans, annual operating plan and forecast cycles. In addition, the Snr. Analyst will support various stakeholders across the business by understanding their human resource requirements and monitor their financial performance to drive business results.
What will you be doing?
• Assist in the preparation of the Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Outlook and Monthly Financial Reviews for compensation and headcounts in collaboration with business partners and Finance colleagues aligned with the Company's fiscal calendar. Plans must align to corporate deliverables and timeline, be accurate and tied to financial strategic targets.
• Partner with the finance and human resource teams to collect accurate information and input data into financial systems.
• Review data submissions prior to upload into the planning tool.
• Upload the budgets and forecasts into the planning tool and apply any changes in assumptions in a timely manner.
• Process financial data related to compensation and incentive bonuses based on contracted information, department performance, regional and country requirements.
• Maintain accurate and up to date headcount and compensation data within the planning tool.
• Compare data to budget and approved headcount metrics and report variances to business partners and leaders.
• Help prepare and consolidate various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will bring strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and able to juggle multiple and frequently changing priorities. It is important to be customer service oriented and proficient with multiple communication mediums such as phone, email, audio/video conferences, in person meetings.
Strong interpersonal skills that develop and sustain relationships is crucial as there are many stakeholders in this organization. The ability to positively influence will also be essential to succeed together with highly developed communication skills.
The accuracy of inputted compensation and headcount data will be an important key performance indicator of this role.
• BSC/MSC degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
• Experience in a broad range of Finance
• Strong business English language skills both oral and written (preferably C1 or above)
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Internet Explorer, MS Project, MS SharePoint)
• Advantage if candidate is a CPA, ACCA (or equivalent)
• Prior Big Four experience a plus
• Financial Planning and Analysis experience preferred
• Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP a plus
• Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry a plus
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes (US GAAP/IFRS) a plus
• Strive to identify process efficiency/effectiveness improvement opportunities and propose suggestions
• Strive to be recognized by stakeholders as a business partner
• Proven record of involvement in process improvement projects to enhance process efficiency and effectiveness and propose suggestions
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to challenges and issue resolution
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and show ownership and accountability for assigned tasks and meet deadlines
• Team player with a cooperative attitude and mature personality who acts as a role model to less senior team members
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead.
Inclusivity & Collaboration
We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges.
Agility & Adaptability
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
If you have any difficulties in applying or require access needs arising from a mobility or any other impairment please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 555 1234. We can then ensure your experience and visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw10v-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.