2D Character Designer
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Design Director works independently as well as closely with the art directors, producers, editors and designers/animators to concept, design and execute innovative motion graphics. Meticulous attention to detail and execution
of inspired, relevant ideas while under tight deadlines. Projects include a variety of motion & design including logos, graphic ids, show packaging, promos and other relevant brand work. Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills; responsible for designs from concept to final production and presentation of projects for approval. Work with and guide designers to elevate designs and execute production in a timely manner.
• Produce creative solutions based on various clients' business needs.
• Pitch ideas & work to team and clients.
• Contribute in a high volume fast paced team environment.
• Reinforce the Brand Strategy. Ensure that all work is informed by and reinforces the brand strategy while delivering on marketing and programming goals.
• Maintain brand consistency.
• Work to Inspire , elevate the creative excellence, and bring level of innovation.
• Managing and mentoring designers by providing clear direction, reviewing work and giving feedbackEffectively present work to clients.
• Interpreting the creative brief, research and development and storyboarding fullproduction.
• Present concepts in fully-produced pitches to the internal team as well outside clients.
• Work as a hands-on designer when necessary, closely guiding conceptual development through every step of production.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with clients across the department and network, as well as with outside production partners and vendors.
• Direct the work of outside vendors as needed.
• Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
• Stay up-to-date with current design trends, techniques and processes; seek and recommend new best practices.
• BA Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
• 7-10 years professional experience
• Complete knowledge of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs -- Mac OS,
• Photoshop, After Effects, familiarity with 3D applications ( Maya / Cinema 4D ), and a working knowledge of FinalCut
• A strong understanding of layout, type, logo design
• Excellent communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team.
• Experience sourcing stock footage and effects as needed
• Ability to multi-task while working independently and with a team
• Must be able to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent creative, conceptual and critical thinking abilities
• Thorough understanding of production processes
• Ability to visualize innovative solutions beyond the simple use of software, including designing for Effects and Live Action concepts
• Ability to match style to specific project