Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
The Paramount Research and Strategy team sits at the intersection of consumer insights and creative strategy to shape how Paramount Picture's upcoming releases are made, marketed, and distributed.
The Manager of Research and Strategy will play an essential role in supporting the department in the design and implementation of research studies and creative strategy. The Manager reports to the Vice President of Market Research and works collaboratively to support Paramount marketing, distribution, and production. This is an exciting opportunity to deliver tangible value to a wide range of creative stakeholders and collaborators across the studio.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Translating research findings into actionable direction to inform the strategy for Paramount's full slate of releases
• Support the department in designing qualitative and quantitative research to address key questions and challenges
• Creating visual documents which communicate research findings and data dynamically and succinctly
• Managing research planning and delivery, including vendor management, questionnaire development, and reporting
• Evaluating each motion picture's target audience and potential opportunities and challenges
• Actively monitoring research trends and best practices to help bring innovative new approaches to the studio, including assessing competitive campaigns
• Analyzing the results from domestic test screenings
• Contributing vocally and actively to meetings, presentations, and brainstorming sessions
• Minimum 4-6 years related experience in marketing research/consumer insights, marketing, or creative strategy
• BA/BS with a track record of high achievement
• Experience in entertainment or related research preferred
• Excellent design skills, with an ability to present data visually and succinctly
• Strategic visual storyteller with demonstrated success at translating research data into dynamic story-driven reports and presentations
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and numerical skills, excellent attention to detail
• Capable project manager, able to oversee projects from inception to completion, with the ability to balance competing priorities
• Film knowledge with a strong understanding of the movie marketplace
• Team player
Other Qualifications looked on favorably:
• Experience with data visualization platforms (Tableau, Power BI)
• Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqzx4-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.