Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
We are looking for our next Manager of International Market Research. Would you like to support the research team with the presentation, execution, design and analysis of quantitative and qualitative market research projects globally? In this role you'll provide insights and recommendations to the wider theatrical marketing and production teams!
This exciting position has exposure to the entire Paramount Pictures slate of films, including original titles as well as iconic and new franchises, such as Mission Impossible, Transformers, Sonic the Hedgehog and A Quiet Place, along with original titles going to Paramount Pictures Theatrically and Paramount+! We offer comprehensive benefits.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Help handle research partners and craft research programmes for upcoming titles, franchises and slate development, including:
• Franchise and IP development studies
• Positioning and strategic audience identification studies
• Multi-market creative testing (Trailer, TV and Digital ads)
• Desk-based deep dives and landscape studies
• International moviegoing market landscape studies
• Compile and analyze bi-weekly tracking performance of titles and comparable films in the top 10-12 markets internationally, as well as design, coordinate, and handle ad-hoc tracking requests
• Create visually appealing, high-level summary documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint that easily communicate strategy and takeaways for internal distribution
• Digest other sources of information to feed into research findings – including liaising with the Analytics department on social conversation findings, asset performance online, trailer launches etc.
• Stay in tune and monitor campaigns of current and competitor releases
• Understand and analyze international box office performance
• Be a vocal and active contributor to brainstorming sessions / meetings
• Communicate on insights and strategy implications regularly with internal partners in the Hollywood office (Brand, Creative, Digital, Media, Publicity, Promotions) and the in-market teams around the world
• Take responsibility for day-to-day training and nurturing of research coordinators and interns
• Provide back-up support to the administrative roles within the department
• Handle all research files and reports, both hard copy and digital
• Maintain and assist with international research budget management
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally
• Minimum 3 years international research experience (in any consumer or entertainment field)
• BA or BSc, ideally with a concentration or minor in Sociology Studies, International Studies, Psychology, Business and/or Marketing
• A track record of high achievement and involvement in successful, insights-driven marketing campaigns
• Strong interest in entertainment content, marketing, social trends, and emerging media
• Film knowledge and a strong understanding of the movie marketplace
• High comfort level with analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of quantitative information
• Strong PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint and possibly data-base management
• Highly Internet savvy
• Intellectually curious with shown problem solving abilities
• Someone who takes pride in their attention to detail and their organization
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple projects at once
• Ability to work across several time zones
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Comfortable with taking instruction / delegation of tasks and taking a lead on projects
• A level of numerical comfort that enables seeing patterns / stories in quantitative data
• A teammate and a manager of junior support staff
• Proficient in foreign languages preferred but not necessary
• Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau) preferred but not necessary
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqzx4-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.