- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionMTV Entertainment Group Production is looking for a Coordinator to join our team! This position will be working across the team as an asset on all productions, both internal and third party to bring creative ideas from concept to production through to air and final delivery. This role is designed to facilitate all facets of production for the team on a wide slate that includes development, series, and specials across the Paramount Media Networks brands. Genres include Unscripted/Reality, Competition Format, Multi-cam Studio, Documentaries, Scripted, Animation.
The right candidate is detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while producing results both in office and on set. Candidate must have a calm and positive demeanor, must be team focused with a collaborative attitude.
This position will be based out of our LA or NY offices and will function in a hybrid schedule - remote applications will not be considered.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with Production VPs, Directors, Managers, and Show Production Staff to examine the needs of each production
• Provide support throughout the production processes to ensure success during pre-production, production, and post-production phases of a project
• Liaise and partner with numerous internal departments including Business and Legal Affairs, Finance, Press, Tech Ops, Post Production Operations, Talent, Marketing, Security, I.T., Facilities
• Monitor and assist as needed all the related production systems and processes to ensure ongoing proactive supply of this service to clients during all phases of a production project, including, but not limited to: Production Accounting, Rights and Clearances, Postproduction, Location Logistics, Talent, Travel Booking, Crewing/Staffing as needed, Technical Facilities & Equipment
• Maintain, review, and update all production files in collaboration with wider Global Production Teams
• Generate tracking reports and develop grids utilizing the Nexus platform
• Submit purchase orders and assist vendors with onboarding
• Draft deal memos for crew and project-based staff, manage payroll submissions, onboard new hires/staff/crews, set up IT and facilities needs
• Create and maintain contact sheets, call sheets, various show distribution lists, and other documents needed for the department and productions
• Coordinate with other internal departments as needed to ensure all legal and safety parameters of a production are met and all deliverables are received and distributed appropriately
• Negotiate with vendors for shoot needs
• Supervise and participate in set operations for shoots
• Have a thorough, current ongoing knowledge of all related crew competencies
• Act in an ethical and professional manner at all times, adhering to Paramount's code of conduct policies
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience in production for television or film
• Must have previous experience creating and managing production specific documents including contact sheets and call sheets
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, One Drive, Power Point, Teams, etc.), Zoom, Slack, Smart Accounting, SAP, ARIBA, Concur, Scenechronize
• Working knowledge of budget building and cost forecasting
• Experience with Movie Magic Budget software desired but not required
• Hands-on set and shoot experience a plus
• Requires a non-traditional work schedule and travel as needed
• Confidentiality with a strong attention to detail and organization a must
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and ability to troubleshoot production issues with diplomacy and professionalism
• Flexibility and ability to prioritize in an ever-evolving production and business environment
• Desire to excel in a demanding and fast-paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with personnel at all levels
• Be a continuous promoter and supporter of a diverse and inclusive workplace
The Coordinator, Production reports to the Director, Production.
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of Paramount Global, MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Hiring Salary Range: $55,000.00 - 65,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0b43-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.