ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that comprises many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel and more. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that build compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities
Data plays a central role at ViacomCBS Streaming, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations International team plays a crucial part in the success of our international streaming products. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics QA Engineer for international streaming products who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Capture test requirements, execute test plans, and perform manual testing on a variety of new and existing applications on web, mobile, and OTT platforms to ensure that analytics implementations are correct and will yield complete and accurate data.
• Support Measurement Operations team in the management of QA, operational, and administrative needs of their assigned projects.
• Perform regression testing and audits/data integrity checks on a regular basis to have better control over the tags deployed across the sites.
• Further develop Measurement Operations QA program to scale our QA efforts as we continue to expand our platform count.
• Conduct QA cycles and data audits to identify tracking gaps/inconsistencies.
• Partner with automation lead to develop and deploy QA automation frameworks for web properties, mobile apps, and OTT platforms.
• Represent the Measurement Operations team in meetings as domain specialist on data quality assurance.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects; verify defect fixes.
• Participate with product and engineering in sprint planning and bug triage efforts.
• Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features of CBS digital platforms.
• Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process.
• Promote adoption of QA tools and processes, including training and documentation of their use.
• Work with SCRUM and Product leads to secure release timelines.
• Ensure test builds are delivered to team members and vendors needing to perform testing.
• Prioritize tickets and call out blockers.
• Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations.
• Document on how to perform QA on all tracking devices and expected output.
• Train vendors on how to validate measurement.Provide clarity into issues discovered and their current status and place in the queue.
• Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field, or in lieu of a degree, 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
• Working knowledge of developing QA test plans and strategies, preferably for data/analytics.
• Attention to detail paired with a passion for achieving the utmost data integrity for our tracking.
• Ability to keep and maintain accurate notes and documentation.
• Bug writing and ticket creation skills that result in complete and accurate information for developers.
• Interest in learning about measurement tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Comscore, Nielsen).
• Working knowledge of how to monitor network traffic using proxying tools (Charles, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools).
• Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
• Hands-on experience using automation tools (e.g. Observepoint, BrowserStack, etc.)
• Knowledge of automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, BrowserMob, Appium, etc).
• Agile/Scrum experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• Testing experience with mobile applications and OTT platforms using debugging tools (e.g. ADB/Xcode).
• Knowledge of release and regression testing methodologies.
• Ability to define standard methodologies for testing tools.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj920-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.