ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that comprises many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel and more. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that build compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS across upcoming internationals properties as well as content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and Strange Angel to name a few.
CBS Interactive is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with strong analytics and MarTech implementation skills, technical capability, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group. The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. Candidates will develop expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess good technical acumen, superb communication skills, a customer-service mentality and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
• Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart tvs.
• Play a critical role in the enablement of meaningful designed analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
• Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as designed.
• Communicate optimally to end users of the analytics platform how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
• Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple analytics solution design projects in parallel.
• Creative problem solving skills, including the ability to articulate high-level technical solutions.
• Easily communicate and break down highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of analytics implementation projects.
• Monitor the integrity of data feeds we provide our various end users.
• Partner with multiple clients to develop and execute appropriate measurement and tagging plans for Adobe Analytics, Kochava, Braze, Optimizely and other Marketing Analytics tools to satisfy analytics use cases.
• Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
• Develop QA plans and documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results.
• Provide thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize across a global environment.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
• Act as a liaison between business owners and application development teams.
• Effectively communicate the impact and correct prioritization of tracking bugs, enhancements and issues.
• Ensure that third party tracking such as comScore and Nielsen are validated for each release.
• Experience serving in a data modeling and data architect role for enterprise data modeling across multi-domain, multi-subject areas using Inmon and/or Kimball methodologies.
• Create and analyze reports that validate data is populating.
• Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations.
• Create and maintain documentation such as data inventories to assist users with reports.
• Possess good technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Azure, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes) and video engineering (video compression, AAC video and audio codec standards, live and VOD content delivery). This knowledge doesn't need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
• Build effective and mutually beneficial relationships with all clients, partners, vendors and developers.
• Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field.
• Ability to analyze data to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
• Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
• Working knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
• Experience developing solutions for tag deployment through tag management systems (Tealium, Adobe Launch).
• Some hands-on experience and implementation expertise with Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture Site Catalyst) tool or similar analytics platform.
• Some hands-on experience and implementation expertise with Digital Marketing tools such as Kochava, Branch, Optimizely, Braze and AppsFlyer.
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises, preferably in the media industry.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx13x-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.