Virtual Production TD
London, United Kingdom
Virtual Production TD (Techncial Artist)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the Film and advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The Virtual Production TD is responsible for smooth running of the virtual camera/virtual production stage (in person or remotely). The VP TD is also responsible for assembling the scenes for the virtual scouting and virtual camera shoots, as well as being a key stakeholder in the continuous development of the VP pipeline.
• Run virtual production shoots utilizing a mix of technologies including: virtual scouting in VR, virtual camera, simulcam, motion capture (body and face), LED wall. Shoots can be remote/work from home setups as well as physical stages
• Prep master scenes for and operate shoots requiring virtual production
• Equipment upkeep and maintenance
• Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration equipment
• Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place
• Deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work well under pressure if required
• Ability to communicate effectively with leads and work collaboratively as part of a team
• Help improve & develop the stage pipeline and workflows within the company
• Some travel may be required (to United States for example)
• Experience with both game engines - Unity & Unreal
• Experience building with blueprint
• Experience setting up/maintaining Perforce
• Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games
• Intermediate- to advanced-level user of Maya
• Solid computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful
• Experience with virtual reality equipment (HTC Vive/Oculus Rift)
• Experience with in-scene camera work
• Self-motivated problem solver
• Technical artist from gaming, cinematics artists are all ideal backgrounds for this role
• Problem solver
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an artist and/or an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology on high profile projects then we look forward to your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.