The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
We are particularly interested in candidates to bolster our team providing services, support and tools for The Lion King 2, as well as our core virtual production and viz technology and services.
This is a great opportunity for a an ambitious late-stage junior wishing to step up, or an established mid-level developer wishing to work at the largest scale, to join an incredible team.
If you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
The VFX Pipeline is at the heart of every production and is a key part in helping our artists deliver amazing work; if you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Work with the Lead Developer and Virtual Production supervisor and a mix of local and remote team members to produce high quality user experiences and tools within the Unreal Engine to enable and further on set shooting workflows in a Virtual Production environment.
• Help bring efficiencies to the Virtual Production workflow by developing new toolsets and improving and maintaining existing workflows to improve quality and reliability.
• Support users during the development, testing and shooting phases to help build a robust and accessible Virtual Production platform.
• Contribute to the development and design of new methods and workflows aimed at optimizing the quality and speed of the Virtual Production experience.
• Proven experience in a VFX facility or Game Studio (artist-floor experience a bonus) with strong working knowledge of Unreal Engine and experience working on large scale projects.
• Strong knowledge and background in Unreal Engine and Blueprint development (C++ Unreal plugin experience is a bonus).
• A proven track record of working in a dynamic and fast development environment to deliver tools and user experiences to match specific stakeholder requests.
• A problem solver at heart with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to requirements and priorities.
• Excellent communication skills with Production as well as Technical staff. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Good working knowledge of a Windows environment. Knowledge of key VFX technologies and applications like Maya, Houdini, USD, OTIO, OCIO etc.
• Knowledge of on set shooting workflows and terminology a bonus.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team. Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressured environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3kv4-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.