TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN UK
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
We are particularly interested in candidates to bolster our team providing services, support and tools for The Lion King 2, as well as our core virtual production and viz technology and services.
The Virtual Production Lead TD will ensure the smooth running of virtual camera shoots in a timeline manner, working efficiently as part of a team. The ideal candidate has working knowledge of film/TV workflow as well as an excellent understanding of VFX pipeline.
• Run virtual production shoots utilizing a mix of technologies including virtual camera, simulcam, motion capture (body and face), and virtual reality
• Prep scenes for and operate shoots requiring motion capture and virtual production
• Equipment upkeep and maintenance
• Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration equipment
• Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place
• Deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work well under pressure if required
• Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively as part of a team
• Experience with game engines (Unity & Unreal)
• Proven On-set experience with a good understanding VP work station
• Experienced user of MotionBuilder
• Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games
• Advanced-level user of Maya or similar 3D package a plus
• Mel and/or Python scripting ability desirable, particularly within MotionBuilder & Blade
• Solid computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful
• Experience with virtual reality equipment (HTC Vive/Oculus Rift)
• Experience with in-scene camera work
• Familiarity of Perforce is considered a plus
• Self-motivated problem solver