Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
What You'll Do
The VFX Supervisor is responsible for the creative direction of live-action and full CG episodic shots and acts as a key point of contact for the creative leads internally and on the Client-side. The VFX Supervisor is a senior creative voice within the company and will advise on the best approach to deliver the best quality.
• Attending shoots and supervising VFX requirements on-set
• In conjunction with the CG Supervisor and VFX team, review all technical and R&D requirements for the start-up of any new show
• Design and implement the creative direction of each shot and sequence
• Collaborate with Art Director and Client-side VFX Supervisor to ensure the artistic style, quality and continuity matches our Clients' vision and standards
• Attend Client meetings from initial pitches and concepts, through feedback and to project completion
• Proactively recommend ongoing pipeline improvements and development
• German is on a professional level in speaking and writing
The VFX Supervisor works closely with the VFX Producer and Supervision to assign and review Artists' work whilst taking sole responsibility for the approval of 'final' shots.
• Undertake daily review of assets and work in progress
• Work closely with the VFX Producer to ensure an accurate production schedule is set-up and maintained
• Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within MPC's pipeline where possible
The VFX Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid talent Artists including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The VFX Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work on time and on brief.
• Provide feedback on the team's performance as necessary
• Provide on-going training and evaluation of all 3D and 2D Artists
• Work with the Talent Team to source and recruit the best talent
The VFX Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic:
• An active member of the sales team for pitching and presentations for potential VFX work, and creatively inspiring our Clients, helping us to win and secure the best work
• Collaborates with the team during the bidding stages, assessing shots and completing shot breakdowns
• Represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums.
What You'll Need
VFX Supervisor essentials:
• Strong working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline, VFX shot production and its iteration process including the Client approval process
• Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies
• Extensive experience with blue/green screen compositing as well as the integration of 3D elements into plates
• Strong understanding of color theory and film application for live-action features, including film-stock, film-grain, color-space and lookup tables, film processing and DI processing
• Flexibility to move across multiple disciplines
• Strong leadership skills
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver
• Organization skills and a strong ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
• Good ability to work under pressure and able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
• Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Extensive experience working as a VFX / CG Supervisor with high-end film or episodic based VFX pipelines
• Programming and writing scripts
• Matte painting experience