VFX Production Manager
Moving Picture Company
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft, and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
We have created a collaborative team environment where Artists and Production work alongside each other to deliver stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The VFX Production Manager is responsible for the global schedule and supporting the overall show delivery with the Production Delivery Team.
• Maintain a high-level and global overview of the show and its progress
• Balance deliveries against Producer-set quota and in-alignment with the Discipline shot teams
• Quota and show reporting including Client reports
• Inventory management
• Following the issue management process and resolves challenges within the team, and escalates to VFX
• Producer where required
• Reports resource updates and on artist team performance to the Department Manager and HODs
• Responsible for Show Start-Up including bid documentation, bid imports and reel reviews
• Render forecasting
• Collaborate with VFX Producer and Supervision, and the Client team and Editorial to manage internal Client sends to ensure successful delivery throughout the show
The VFX Production Manager champions a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects
• Ability to work with an inspire a team, providing development support, coaching, and on-going feedback
• Work with Software Team to define functionality requirements for updating or creating new tools
• Complete UAT on new software releases and change requests made by Production
• Be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity
• Act as an ambassador to promote MPC Episodic within the local film community
VFX Production Manager essentials:
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver and ability to drive issues through to resolution
• Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
• Organization skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player who can build relationships, manage remote teams, and resolve conflict
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• MS Office packages
• Knowledge of production scheduling tools e.g. Shotgun
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• VFX Film industry knowledge
• Previous experience in supporting the creation, planning and implementation of small and large projects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g36xm4-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.