TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
The Producer is the manager for the show delivery team, overseeing budget, financials and all aspects of production to ensure delivery of an expected strong standard and on time. They act as the face of MPC to the client, responsible for delivering the expected service standard as well as negotiating our financial compensation post award and facilitating the production's schedule requirements within MPC.
All producers require a basic financial understanding, an aptitude for project management, in depth experience in scheduling and an ability to manage diverse groups of people and foster strong team bonds.
Client requests, budget management, various deliveries, etc can be challenging at times requiring someone who has grace, tenacity and perseverance to cope within a demanding environment.
• Acts as main contact for client VFX Producer.
• Proactively foster strong client dialogue/communication at all times.
• Manage the client relationship in the interest of both parties through strong negotiation techniques.
• Instils trust with our clients by producing accurate schedules and reports, mitigating escalating to management.
• Speedily informs clients of any risk to costs and schedule impact following all reviews.
• Initiates fixed, regular calls or meetings with client to report on progress, costs and risks.
• Manages expectations of turnaround times on notes.
• Clear direct in client reviews – delivering narrative and commentary that allows others to understand what is required moving forward.
• Reports weekly on P&L with E.P.
• Understands financial targets and delivers plans to meeting them including timely and accurate bidding.
• Exploits opportunities for growth and profitability in order to overachieve.
• Aids clean and up-to-date accounting (e.g. revenue forecasting, invoicing)
• Proposes ways in which shows can run more economically, partnering with Finance on this.
• Compiles change orders and submits to client for execution.
• Approves invoices and works with Production Accounting to maintain payment schedule.
Project Management Accountability
• Builds thorough and timely Delivery Road Map document for show to act as a blueprint for detailed production plans, risks, strategies, schedule and quota setting. Maintaining throughout the project.
• Sets and achieves quota and delivery milestone targets. Issuing to production weekly.
• Sets key project milestones and communicates regularly with Production Manager, holding 1:1 meetings daily, to ensure all deliverables are scheduled and communicated.
• Takes ownership of delivery team and holds them to account for quota and milestone targets, creating solution oriented delivery team culture.
• Analyses efficiencies of individual disciplines against quota and uses data to revise quotas accordingly
Reporting and Escalation
• Ensures reports are reliable, timely and complete. (e.g. Ones, Quota, Client Report).
• Leads weekly show delivery meeting with members of Senior Management, ensuring accurate data is presented and escalating accordingly on missed quota and changes to schedules and quotas.
• Follows through on actions from delivery and escalation meetings. Holds delivery team to account on theirs.
• Shows due diligence with respect to company resourcing issues, adjusting schedules whenever feasible to mitigate capacity concerns, without creating undue risk to deliveries.
• Reports weekly to E.P. and organises comprehensive agenda, taking down minutes and action points and following up in timely fashion.
• Duly contributes to the securing of future business by covering pitch work if asked.
• Sets the tone for Production team, acting professionally and responsibly at all times and offering mentorship and on-the-job training wherever possible including new Producers.
• Sends regular show-wide communications to update the crews on achievements such as trailer deliveries, weekly finals attainment etc.
• Helps to cultivate a productive and healthy culture, resonating the MPC values.
• Client facing – it is essential to be confident, clear and calm with all clients, and possess an ability to 'read the room'. The faculties to steer conversations to a constructive outcome, maintaining diplomacy and professionalism, whilst creating a pleasant, warm and productive working relationship are critical
• Communication skills – ability to lead a team, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
• Scheduling – there should be a proven ability to schedule work of a complex nature, especially within the VFX space, with a thorough understanding of quota-based tracking and forecasting
• Adaptability – the will to shift gears mentally and deal with both ambiguity and fluidity, whilst supporting and leading others through the same is essential
• Finance – understanding budgeting, analysing bids vs. actuals and spend vs. completion, and costing work relative to scope and within the competitive marketplace are skills which should be well attuned, as well as a basic grasp of profit and loss
• Commercial acumen – strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business is important
• Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation and how to motivate large teams directly and indirectly
• Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of the VFX industry, trends in consumption and market activity are looked for
• Coaching and mentoring – Whether local Supervisors, junior colleagues or piers, you will be proficient in developing skills, building stronger project leaders and fostering the right culture
• Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands and delegate appropriately are key
• Trust – a trusted confidante on senior talent management, financial management and new business opportunities
• Calm composure – client requests, various deadlines and high pressure, must be able to have a strong constitution for what can be demanding situations.
• Fluent German speaking and writing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32084-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.