Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
A Virtual Set Key Artist is responsible for creating and optimizing environments for Virtual Production (virtual scouting and virtual camera shoots).
With an emphasis on the real-time nature of Virtual Production a Virtual Set Key Artist can balance the aesthetics and technical requirements of a virtual set, ensuring the most pleasant and comfortable Virtual Reality experience possible.
A Virtual Set Key Artist works under the guidance and direction of the project Lead, Head of Department and the show Supervisors.
The Virtual Set Key Artist will act as a mentor to the Virtual Set Artists.
Ideally a Virtual Set Key Artist should be able to rebuild -or provide support in rebuilding- the sets in a VFX pipeline once the VP has finished, matching the highest standards of current film VFX.
This role requires experience in the creation of high-end environments for AAA games using Unreal Engine.
A Virtual Set Key Artist would be expected to have good ability in many of the following areas:
• Creative extensive landscapes in Unreal Engine (terrain sculpting, manual layout placement, procedural scattering, lighting)
• Experience building with Blueprint
• Environment asset creation for real-time rendering
• Look development within Unreal Engine
• Optimizing Virtual Sets
• Optimizing/Rebuilding Assets for real-time rendering
• Oversee releases to other departments
• Communicate progress, scheduling suggestions and feedback to department / show production and show leadership
• Regularly showing progress to leads and supervisors
Unreal TD essentials:
• Previous experience working with Linux
• Previous experience working with Unreal Engine
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Familiarity with a traditional CGI pipeline (Renderman, Arnold, Vray)
• A basic knowledge of modelling in Maya and sculpting in Mudbox or Zbrush
• Knowledge of Mel and/or Python
• Knowledge of Houdini
• Knowledge of Substance3d (Painter, Designer, Alchemist)
• Knowledge of Mari
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.