Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
MPC expands into Streaming and Episodic VFX with the launch of a specialist division, MPC Episodic. The division offers episodic directors and producers' access to the pioneering technology and world-class talent behind recent blockbusters such as; The Lion King, Godzilla: King of The Monsters, Detective Pikachu and the BAFTA award winning 1917.
Led by MD Tom Williams, Executive VFX Supervisor, Pete Jopling (The Bourne Legacy, Captain America: Civil War, Chernobyl),Head of Creative Gurel Mehmet (The Witcher, Avengers: Endgame, Inception) and Senior Producer Therese Zambra (Mars, Frontline) MPC Episodic is actively hiring the industry's top VFX talent, to work on some of the most exciting series visual effects work in the industry.
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D, 3D VFX Artists and TDs work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
Reporting to the Head of 3D for MPC Episodic to prioritise show needs, an Unreal TD plays a key role in establishing and facilitating the technical roadmap of MPC Episodic. As an Unreal TD you will understand and feed into the improvement of our pipeline and workflows as defined by the Head of 3D, and in alignment with the broader FEV Software standards and practices.
You must maintain a close relationship with the Creative group (Supervisors, leads and artists) in the various disciplines to build awareness of discipline needs, knowledge of user workflows and guide design and development of software department projects that service your team and their disciplines.
• Help MPC adapt the existing pipeline and tools to their new approach and operate as the front-line support for artists
• Create elegant solutions and tools to speed up workflows, alleviate bottlenecks and facilitate production
• Collaborating with Software to identify broader issues that could benefit the overall FEV group, aiming to boost efficiencies across the board
• Creating quick scripts and tools for bespoke and/or repetitive tasks that would take artists far too long to perform by hand.
• Remain in close contact with Software and will be expected to conform to R&D operational and coding standards. Unreal TDs will remain informed of larger FEV initiatives and included in general R&D department meetings and presentations and align with Software on key projects as benefits MPC.
• Including descriptive ''doc-strings'' with all written classes and functions for automated code reference documentation
• Support animation team with animation, asset pipeline, ingest and setup
• Running client-facing review sessions in Unreal
• QC animation in unreal and delivering to third party vendor using Perforce.
• Training others in Unreal in general, and perforce, and helping them take on this workflow themselves.
• Very strong Python knowledge
• Strong experience using at least one or all the following applications as a technical artist: Houdini, Nuke, Maya, Katana, etc.
• A good understanding of artist workflows and how the tools they use work
• A passion for moving technology forward to empower artist creativity through alleviation of multi stepped technical processes
• Experience using the python API of a digital content creator application like the aforementioned
• Functional knowledge of Linux based distributions
• Familiarity with the concepts of registering files on a database to facilitate a large team of artists, working across multiple sites
• Experience with Unreal
• Experience setting up/maintaining Perforce
• Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games
• Solid computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful
• Self-motivated problem solver
• Ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with clients
• Excellent ability to work under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
• Work well with others in a team environment
• Demonstrates an aptitude for leadership
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Pleasant manner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g45yy1-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.