Sr. Technical Manager
New York, NY
The Technical Support Analyst works under the direction of the Head of Technology and the Lead Systems Engineer to coordinate and schedule the engineering team and provide technical support to the production and operations teams.
The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance technical skills, gain experience with state-of-the-art technology and the opportunity to learn from top engineering and VFX talent. The TSA is a critical member of the Engineering team who ensures end user support is provided in a timely manner. In addition, the TSA will be trained as a junior engineer and will support the engineering team in daily tasks including L1 technical support, machine building and imaging, and other necessary engineering related tasks. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills and thrive in a high-paced, time sensitive production environment.
What You'll Do:
• Triage, coordinate and schedule technical support requests and tasks.
• Manage internal documentation using Confluence and other productivity tools.
• Maintain logs and implement routines that track asset movement, security events and other operational procedures as necessary.
• Provide 1st level desktop and application support for producer laptops, artist workstations, servers, and networks.
• Installation and support of telephones and printers.
• Engage with suppliers during the procurement process.
• Must be able to work across multiple time zones and tight deadlines, which may require working outside normal working hours.
What You'll Need:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Excellent writing skills, and the ability to communicate clearly, both to technical and non-technical team members.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with strong project planning experience.
• Technical facility with and ability to employ proper troubleshooting methods.
• Ability to handle high pressure, deadline driven environments.
• Knowledge of and experience supporting Windows, macOS, and iOS platforms in a networked environment.
• Experience using Microsoft Office and other business applications.
• Experience with Linux strongly preferred.
• Experience with scripting or automation languages (bash, python, etc.) highly desirable.