Software Developer - Core Infrastructure
Moving Picture Company
London, United Kingdom
MPC is one of the world's leading post-production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for the mid-level position of Junior Systems Administrator in the Systems team. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include: application issues, OS issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
• Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Calibrate artist monitors.
• Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with Linux, including use of command line and configuration files.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
• A basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base.
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
• Degree in a technical discipline.
• Programming or scripting experience.