Software Developer - Core Infrastructure
Moving Picture Company
London, United Kingdom
System Administrator (Mid)
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
There is currently a vacancy for the mid-level position in the Systems Systems team. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind and want to be a part of some very high-profile productions, then this is the place for you.
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include: application issues, OS issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
• Set up, move and install workstaions to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience with Linux, installing and setting up servers.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and AD configuration.
• A good knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base.
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
• Degree in a technical discipline.
• Programming or scripting experience.
• Experience in an existing support role – ideally in a Post production environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested, please apply online.