Industrial Light & Magic
London, United Kingdom
Software TD (Mid)
• Work with senior and lead developers to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstrations during exploratory phases
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the VFX pipeline, ensuring the efficient flow of assets and data.
• Collaborate with senior TDs to identify and resolve technical issues during production.
• Provide technical support to artists and troubleshoot software-related issues.
• Participate in sprint planning and independently estimate the effort required to complete the tasks assigned to you by your Lead
• Document and communicate solutions to common technical challenges.
• Effectively and autonomously breakdown assigned stories/tasks into actionable steps
• Execute on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Good knowledge of Python or C++
• A degree in Computer Science, Technical Animation or in an Engineering field is preferred, though equivalent production experience would also be considered
• Competence with Linux and Git
• Knowledge of or experience with one or multiple VFX applications (Houdini, Maya, etc)
• Experience developing and releasing software in or for a company/organization
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of PySide, PyQt
• Confluence and/or Jira experience
• Understanding of how data flows between departments of a VFX studio
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, we look forward to your application
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w5j5-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.