The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
We are particularly interested in candidates to bolster our team providing services, support and tools for The Lion King 2, as well as our core virtual production and viz technology and services.
This is a great opportunity for a an ambitious late-stage junior wishing to step up, or an established mid-level developer wishing to work at the largest scale, to join an incredible team.
If you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
The VFX Pipeline is at the heart of every production and is a key part in helping our artists deliver amazing work; if you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack between the backend and asset/shot authoring (with feedback or overlap on the neighbouring stack elements as necessary/comfortable)
• Work with a Team Lead and senior developers to ensure implementation and deployment conform to the larger plan
• Work with senior developers and users to track, reproduce and assess issues, opportunity for improvements, and performance
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team, and assist Lead and Seniors in demonstrating to internal clients (or present directly if you're a stage kind of person!)
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• Demonstrable knowledge or degree of the basics of computer science or a related STEM field
• Intermediate knowledge and dexterity developing in Python or C++, and interest and willingness to learn the other and some demonstrable beginner knowledge in it.
• Knowledge of at least one major DCC API (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Familiar with Version Control and comfortable, or willing to adapt to, review practices (Pull Requests, structured development etc.)
• Understanding of the problem space in one or more of: Asset Management Systems, Production Management System, USD, and willing to catch up to the rest
• Understanding and appreciation for UX and/or GUI development
• Willingness and aptitude to improve and instrument the tool-chain and asset management part of the stack