Senior Nuke Compositor
Moving Picture Company
Los Angeles, CA
A Sets TD is responsible for creating and optimizing environments for Virtual Production (virtual scouting and virtual camera shoots).
With an emphasis on the real-time nature of Virtual Production, Virtual Set TDs can balance the aesthetics and technical requirements of a virtual set. Our Set TDs work under the guidance and direction of the project Lead, Head of Department and the show Supervisors.
Ideally the Set TD should be able to rebuild -or provide support in rebuilding- the sets in a VFX pipeline once the VP has finished, matching the highest standards of current film VFX.
This role requires experience in the creation of high-end environments for using Unreal Engine.
What You'll Do:
• Create extensive landscapes in Unreal Engine (terrain sculpting, manual layout placement, procedural scattering, lighting)
• Experience building with Blueprint
• Environment asset creation for real-time rendering
• Look development within Unreal Engine
• Optimize Virtual Sets
• Optimize and rebuild Assets for real-time rendering
• Oversee releases to other departments
• Communicate progress, scheduling suggestions and feedback to department / show production and show leadership
• Regularly show progress to leads and supervisors
Unreal TD essentials:
• Previous experience working with Linux
• Previous experience working with Unreal Engine
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Familiarity with a traditional CGI pipeline (Renderman, Arnold, Vray)
• A basic knowledge of modelling in Maya and sculpting in Mudbox or Zbrush
• Knowledge of Mel and/or Python
• Knowledge of Houdini
• Knowledge of Substance3d (Painter, Designer, Alchemist)
• Knowledge of Mari
• Previous experience in a VFX environment