Regional Lead Imaging Engineer - Eu
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for 25 years, with established facilities across the globe.
We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of Production Services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros, providing tailor-cut, high end services for the world's best storytellers, and operating at the highest level of quality across massive scales of turnaround for tens of thousands of shots every year.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
The VFX Pipeline is at the heart of every production and is a key part in helping our artists deliver amazing work; if you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you! This is a 1 year contract opportunity
• Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack between the backend and asset/shot authoring (with feedback or overlap on the neighbouring stack elements as necessary/comfortable)
• Work with a Team Lead and the Head of Pipeline to inform, design and/or implement solutions, for the global pipeline strategy
• Work with a Team Lead and internal clients to track, design and/or implement solutions for business unit specific deployments of the global strategy
• Guide and/or mentor more junior members of the team
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team and to internal clients
• Make significant contributions to the vision and workflow that will shape the most modern services and ambitious tool kit in the industry
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• Proven experience in a senior role
• Degree in a STEM field, or Technical Animation, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge
• Strong knowledge and dexterity developing in Python or C++ and intermediate knowledge of the other
• Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environment
• Familiar with at least one major DCC API (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Familiar with structured development practices (Version Control, issue management, progress tracking)
• Intimate understanding and vision around one or more of Asset Management Systems, Production Management System, USD, and willing to catch up to the rest
• Strong communication skills towards both a technical/developer audience, and non-developer competent users
• Understanding and appreciation for UX, and the ability to demonstrate and iterate ideas through prototypes that might include a GUI
• Keen and able to work in a production centric, responsive and fast paced environment
• Experience with an asset friendly source and version control system, Perforce preferred.
• Understanding of where USD fits into asset pipelines, knowledge of the platform or willingness quickly learn it on the job if you have no demonstrable experience.
Nice to have skills and experience
Nobody is expected to tick all the following boxes; but if you do, or you're very keen to acquire such knowledge on the job, please make sure you mention it!
• Expert level user knowledge or implementation experience on a popular DCC application (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Expert level user knowledge or implementation experience on a mainstream Game Engine (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
• Familiarity with Shotgun
• Windows development experience
• Applied knowledge of USD
• An affinity for DevOps
• Experience with, and interest in, data design and parametrization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re88p0-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.