Associate Financial Analyst
Senior Production Accountant (VFX FILM PRODUCTION)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTREAL
Reporting directly to the Montreal Financial Controller, the Senior Production Accountant is responsible for forecasting and tracking actual project costs for the Montreal studio, as well as providing financial support to all producers in different sites.
Responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
• Perform cost analysis of projects using the existing MPC toolset.
• Controlling, recording, and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular cost and project progress reports for management.
• Month end duties – track revenue and direct labor variance analyses for the projects that impact the Montreal studio's monthly, quarterly and year-end results
• Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with the changes to projects
• Work with producers to track all change orders and update estimates for total project revenue
• Report and analyze the profitability of Producer bids
• Provide bidding and financial support to Producers
• Quality check and approval of all Producer bids before sent to clients
• Forecast and update project payment schedule changes with Producers
• Reconcile costs for cost control and report to the Executive Producers
• Calculate any rebate implications as a result of moving work across different sites and report this impact to the Executive Producers and Financial Controller
• Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and cost projections for all Montreal film projects.
• Collaborate with local Montreal management team, as well as the London finance team
• Provide ad-hoc financial support to the FTV European Finance Director
• Prepare, provide and present the following financial reports:
o Show P&Ls – prepared and discussed with Producers, presented to
Finance Team and Executive Producers
o Cash Forecasting (bi-weekly) – prepared and presented to Financial
o Payroll reconciliation (bi-weekly) – prepared and presented to other
Production Accountants and Financial Controller
o Weekly P&L pack – prepared and presented to Executive Producers and
o Month end revenue recognition – prepared and presented to Financial
Controller and FTV European Finance Director
o Variance Analysis – perform analysis and commentary for combined MPC
Film to the Technicolor Director of Finance
o Annual Budget – perform and present the Montreal Film budget for
revenues and Direct labor to the Financial Controller and Technicolor
Director of Finance
• Perform tax incentive and eligible labour calculations as well as crew lists for the Financial Controller and Technicolor Tax Accountant for each project
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting; Part qualified CPA, Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
• Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
• Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.