TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in thesuccess of these projects.
There is currently a vacancy in the Technology team for the post of Regional Imaging Engineering Lead at Technicolor Production Services. The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology, and specialist digital media colleagues.
Reporting to the Global Imaging Manger/Architect, the Regional Lead Imaging Engineer will be responsible for looking after a small team of Imaging engineers. The Lead is responsible for mentoring the team and ensuring colour accuracy and consistency throughout the VFX pipelines deployed at multiple VFX facilities across multiple locations in Europe and Asia
This is a varied role supporting MPCs colour pipeline and delivering solutions for a range of colour management and image engineering issues.
• Mentoring the European & Asian Imaging team
• Client facing duties including attending meetings with clients to discuss show specific colour management requirements, address problems and design solutions
• Look after colour management issues as part of the global imaging team
• Implement colour pipelines for Film & Episodic and Advertising
• Deal with a range of colour space conversions
• Work with software team to define requirements for developing colour pipeline tools
• Manage and carry out projector calibrations
• Support the operation of screening rooms
• Evaluate new display technologies
• Deep understanding of colour science including colour spaces, matrix operations, lookup tables and use of instrumentation
• Experience with providing colour managed solutions a wide range VFX applications including Nuke, RV, Baselight
• Strong knowledge of and experience with calibration procedure (monitors and projectors)
• Familiarity with a wide range of display technologies
• Linux knowledge preferred
• Experience with video engineering, scripting and python is an asset
• Familiarity with video streaming a plus
Proven experience in video engineering or colour management in the Film & TV industry
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• A strong work ethic
• Ability to manage a small team
• Capability to learn and adapt quickly
• Ability to understand client approval process
• Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
• Ability to create, manage and work as part of a team
• Ability to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1pn0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.