Digital Matte Painter
Los Angeles, CA
We're currently looking for some talented Previs Asset Builders who exhibit a strong artistic eye paired with a technically proficient mind. Low-polygon models are built quickly and need to be highly optimized with clever OpenGL techniques in order to work in real-time inside Maya. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong problem solving skills and have a strong sense of design.
• Build highly optimized assets for real time workflows in Maya.
• 3D Modeling and Texturing for feature films, using a wide range of reference and concept material.
• Generate low-resolution assets for both organic and hard surface - characters, creatures, props, and environments.
• Texture, rig, and light models quickly and efficiently.
• Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
• Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing,
• Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the technical specifications for each project.
• Work as an effective team player and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
• Adapt quickly to change – often having to toss out ideas and start fresh.
• Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale and proportion, and a keen eye for detail.
• A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required,
• Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing.
• Ability to work with Z-brush and/or Mudbox (a plus).
• Experience texturing in Mari and/or Substance Painter required.
• Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage.
1+ years' experience in the following software programs is preferred:
• Autodesk Maya
• Unity or Unreal
• Substance Painter
• Mudbox (a plus)
• ZBrush (a plus)
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories. MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.