On-Set Data Capture TD (Short Term Contract)
MPC is a collaborative team environment where Artists and Production work alongside each other to deliver stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients. Our On-Set Services Team are looking for short-term contract crew to cover incredible shoots across MPC Film and MPC Episodic globally.
What You'll Do
Our On-Set Services Team are responsible for collaborating with our Clients to capture and organize all data from an on-set film or episodic shoot, and to ensure that this material meets MPC requirements and specifications.
• Working with the VFX/CG Supervisor to ensure that all sets, props, actors are marked up appropriately for Matchmove and Roto Anim purposes
• Advising on the placement and direction of witness cameras and their operators
• Using Total Station to survey the set ensuring that all required data is captured
• Covering reference photographs of the set and camera setups
• Capturing modelling, texture, and lighting references of all practical sets, as required
• VFX photobooth photography capture modelling and texture reference of props and characters
• Camera data and general wrangling
• Liaising with the client VFX team to ensure we are all capturing data to MPCs requirements and specifications.
• Helping the client VFX team as an additional pair of hands as required
• Attention to detail in data management and MPC naming conventions
All roles should champion a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects.
• Helps to cultivate a productive and healthy culture, resonating the MPC values
• Be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity
• Act as an ambassador to promote MPC within the local film community
• Support MPC's external positioning by actively sharing social post
What You'll Need
• Experienced photographer
• Working knowledge of VFX pipeline and how each department uses captured reference material
• On-set experience
• Clear and confident communicator with an ability to build relationships
• Problem solver and good use of initiative
• Organization skills
• Strong attention to detail
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Knowledge of Photogrammetry and Lidar
• Knowledge of FileMaker Pro
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Full UK driving license
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xp57-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.