Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTREAL
The Mocap TD is responsible for ensuring consistency and quality across all motion capture projects. You would be a key component of the mocap process. Top-level creative problem-solving is a must.
• Run and organize larger, more comprehensive motion capture shoots for a number of exciting upcoming feature films requiring motion capture and virtual production.
• Cleaning motions from our motion-capture system and re-targeting them onto a variety of different creatures for use in previs and layout stages of production.
• Oversee and support motion capture pipeline in all stages, providing insight to the production, supervisors, and other departments as necessary.
• Work closely with our rigging team, providing feedback and suggestions with the aim of developing our setup, rigs, and tool functionality.
• Support the team with technical and creative problems.
• Equipment upkeep and maintenance.
• Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration of motion capture equipment.
• Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place.
• Ability to deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to communicate effectively with leads as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Help improve & develop the motion capture pipeline and workflows within the company.
• Run virtual production shoots using a mix of technologies including: virtual camera, simulcam, motion capture (body and face), and virtual reality.
• Proven experience working in motion capture on a stage.
• Ability to track and solve data.
• MotionBuilder experience essential.
• Experience with Blade, particularly scripting in Blade, advantageous.
• Facial capture experience advantageous.
• Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games.
• Intermediate to advanced-level user of Maya or similar 3D package is a bonus.
• Mel and/or Python scripting ability is desirable, particularly within MotionBuilder & Blade.
• Good eye for realistic movement, behavior, and layout, both in individuals and crowds/groups.
• Good computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful.
• Experience with the setup & calibration of optical motion capture equipment essential.
• Experience with virtual reality equipment (HTC Vive/Oculus Rift).
• Experience with Unity and/or Unreal game engines as a user or developer.
• Experience with in-scene camera work.
• Self-motivated problem solver.