TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
The Mocap TD is responsible for ensuring consistency and quality across all Motion Capture projects. You will be a key part of the Mocap process. Top level creative problem solving are a must.
• Run and organize larger, more comprehensive motion-capture shoots for a number of exciting upcoming feature films requiring motion capture and virtual production.
• Cleaning motions from our motion-capture system and re-targeting them onto a variety of different creatures for use in pre-vis and layout stages of production
• Oversee and support motion capture pipeline at all stages, providing insight to the production, supervisors and other departments as necessary.
• Work closely with our Rigging Team providing feedback and suggestions with the aim of developing our setup, rigs and tool functionality.
• Support the team with technical and creative problems.
• Equipment upkeep and maintenance.
• Maintain & ensure correct setup & calibration of motion capture equipment
• Ensure all data & reference material is stored neatly, following the file structures in place
• Deliver on schedule to meet deadlines, and work under pressure if required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Leads and work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Help improve & develop the motion capture pipeline and workflows within the company
• Run virtual production shoots using a mix of technologies including; virtual camera, simul-cam, motion capture (body and face) and virtual reality.
• Ability to track and solve data
• Experienced user of Motion builder, essential
• Experience with Blade, particularly scripting in Blade, advantageous
• Facial capture experience, advantageous
• Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast or games.
• Intermediate-Advanced level user of Maya, or similar 3D package a bonus
• Mel and/or Python scripting ability is desirable, particularly within Motionbuilder & Blade
• Good eye for realistic movement, behaviour and layout both in individuals and crowds/groups.
• Good computer skills, some UNIX/Linux command line skills useful
• Experience with the setup & calibration of Optical Motion Capture Equipment, essential
• Experience with virtual reality equipment HTC Vive/Oculus Rift
• Experience with Unity game engine and/or Unreal engine as a user or developer.
• Experience with in-scene camera work
• Experience with Game Engines preferred, Unity & Unreal.
• Self-motivated problem solver.