Senior Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Junior Systems Engineer role offers unlimited potential to advance technical skills, experience with state-of-the-art technology and opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues.
What you'll do:
• Provide technical support for VFX Artists using Linux workstations.
• Install, deploy, and troubleshoot VFX tools including Flame, Maya, Nuke, Baselight as well as MPC developed tools.
• Integrate off-the-shelf and custom applications into production pipelines.
• Support and maintain infrastructure including Tractor based Render farm, Linux render nodes, Isilon storage, Linux servers and workstations, network equipment, and virtual machines.
• Work and communicate with London headquarters and counterparts in other MPC offices around the globe.
• Work with artists and producers to understand individual projects to serve as an expert resource.
• Assist in developing methods to streamline workflow and increase job delivery efficiency within budget and technical limitations.
• Work with the team to design, develop and implement/install software tools to achieve the desired production goals.
• Assist the engineering team with various evaluation, installation, development and decommissioning projects.
• Stay informed of latest developments in data-based workflows, audio and video systems and the general working practices of high-end commercial post production studios.
What you'll need:
• Engineering level knowledge of standard CG, compositing and color grading applications (Maya, Houdini, Flame, Nuke and Baselight)
• Excellent communication, people skills, and team working skills.
• Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity.
• Strong understanding of storage and networking, NFS, Isilon storage cluster, Brocade switch configuration and IFFFS framestores.
• Knowledge of programming with Python and other scripting languages such as bash, tcsh, and Perl.
• Basic understanding of color science principles is desirable.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 2 years UNIX/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows system administration experience.
• Experience with scale strongly preferred. (Renderfarms, Clusters, Clouds, Enterprise, etc.)
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.