Lead Software Developer - Core Infrastructure
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
MPC is one of the world's leading post-production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include: application issues, OS issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
• Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Calibrate artist monitors.
• Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with Linux, including use of command line and configuration files.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
• A basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to important issues
• Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
• Degree in a technical discipline
• Programming or scripting experience
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.