Software Developer - Pipeline and Tools
Moving Picture Company
London, United Kingdom
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Technology is at the heart of MPC, and a key part of the organization is the Technology Systems Team which develops and maintains the infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created. The Technical Administrator is responsible for supporting the Systems team in any and all tasks, from setting up new users, offering remote support via a ticket queue system and being a key person in the data archive and recovery process.
The day to day of the Technical Administrator will include assisting the team in providing technical support for our VFX Artists. The Technical Administrator will participate and assist with a wide variety of projects; these can range from scripting and security to deploying servers and services, to assessing new hardware and software.
The Technical Administrator will help to ensure department operations are continuous, efficient and documented while contributing to the timely and efficient completion of shows and other day-to-day resource management for the studio.
If you have a sharp technical mind, a passion to learn, and want to be a part of some very high-profile productions, then this is the role for you!
• Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include application issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
• Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
• Calibrate artist monitors.
• Occasional on-site work
• Loading tapes into our backup system.
• Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
• Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver
• Organisation skills
• Adept in skillfully juggling tasks
• Detail oriented
• Good working knowledge of hardware.
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Ability to communicate simply to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Accuracy and attention to detail under a busy workload.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
• Enthusiasm with a commitment to learn
• Familiarity with Linux, including use of command line and configuration files.
• Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
• A basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base.
• Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Degree in a technical discipline.
• Programming or scripting experience.
• Windows administration skills, especially Active Directory.
• Mac support knowledge.
• Experience in the VFX or Media / Entertainment industries.
Any of the following experience is an advantage:
• Knowledge of the visual effects industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rne1w1-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.