Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
MPC Episodic is looking for experienced and talented Generalists TDs to join our team in London.
You will be working alongside VFX/CG Supervisors, Sequence Leads and other VFX Artists to deliver high- end VFX work for episodic and streaming projects.
As a Generalist TD, your skills and abilities to work across multiple disciplines and/or entire sequences will be crucial to the pace of Episodic VFX. By navigating through the VFX pipeline, we will empower you to find the best and most efficient ways to deliver your work, giving you a great deal of ownership of the images we will be crafting together.
While Generalist work is usually biased towards Environment work, we want to create a diverse team and tailor the work around the artists, not the other way around. If you can animate, comp, do concept work or have a passion for FX, but don't want to specialise and use all the skills you have, this role will be perfect for you.
• Deliver the work in the time agreed with the Supervisors and the Production team.
• Work iteratively rather than step-by-step, so your work can be shown regularly to the Supervision team and the client for feedback. Your creativity and pro-activity will be the key here.
• Ability to present the work in context. Your eye, attention to detail, and your ability to propose ideas and solutions will be key to building your relationship with the teams.
• Ability to work across multiple disciplines and define which technique is best to achieve the desire result in the time allocated.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously, but also be part of a team and sharing knowledge and techniques with others.
• Ability to manage your time, so you can meet deliveries.
• Keep your work organised so it can be shared if needed.
• Ability to be flexible from project to project and be open to learn new disciplines and techniques.
• Good eye and attention to detail. You need to be comfortable with composition, colour and other artistic theories.
• Good understanding of the end-to-end VFX Pipeline. Your ability to find shortcuts and better ways to achieve the work compared to a traditional VFX pipeline will make you indispensable for your team.
• Pro-activity and problem solving. We are expecting generalists TDs to be more independent in the work they do on a day to day basis. So you will need to demonstrate that you can work by yourself, and be pro-active to achieve your work.
• Expertise of at least one of these DCCs : Maya, Houdini, Nuke.
• Good experience of rendering techniques. Experience with Renderman is a plus. Experience with Realtime Engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.) would definitely be a plus.
• As a generalist, you will need to know and/or be happy to learn a few of these skills: Matchmove, Modeling, Texturing, Lookdev, Layout, Animation, Set Dressing, Environment, Matte Painting, Lighting, FX, Compositing.
• Knowledge of any other skill (like photogrammetry, scripting, etc.) a definitive plus.
• Team player and open mindset. As part of MPC Episodic, we will expect you to show your interest to your teammates and help creating an open and enjoyable place to work.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.