Simulation Generalist Trainer
Moving Picture Company
London, United Kingdom
Academy @ The Focus is the learning and development team that develops up and coming artists ready to step into a exciting career in VFX, as well as support current artists to master their skill set the world's leading VFX Studios including Mikros, Mr.X, MPC Film and MPC Episodic. This role will support the delivery of the global L&D Strategy to efficiently and effectively deliver show ready early career talent to our studios.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
• Present lectures on technical and creative topics in an open, upbeat, engaging manner.
• Guide and coach students in creating quality work.
• Challenge and encourage students to do better.
• Learn the pipeline tools, procedures and implementations quickly and stay updated.
• Communicate effectively and proactively with Academy team members, senior stakeholders in department being trained, and recruitment.
• Create and improve on documentation and written learning content.
• Run training dailies and provide feedback and reviews.
• Assess whether the students are meeting targets, work with them to improve, and provide feedback about their success to the head of department (HoD) across the different business units.
• Review success of students after each round with all partners, enhance successes and address failures.
• Deliver competency matrix scores weekly during an Academy.
• Create and edit video tutorials with an emphasis on brevity, clarity and zero errors.
• Work with partners in departments to coach and support them in the creation of educational materials – such as tutorials, documentation, and project files.
• Ongoing development of our curriculum to effectively meet the needs of students and production.
• Proven experience working in episodic or feature films
• Modeling, Texturing, Lookdev, Layout experience
• Lighting experience desired
• Is an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Is able to work independently within an organization to get information proactively.
• Previous experience as a trainer is highly desirable, but applicants with a genuine interest in moving into training will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d875nm-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.