Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Join the MPC Episodic team
Environment artists are responsible for creating 3D sets either as set extensions or full CG replacements. They need to be able to create hard surface and organic assets, from modeling to texturing, which artistically meet the brief but also technically meet the needs of other disciplines. They need to be able to lay them out in a scene, with an eye to shot composition as well and have an understanding of the logistical aspects of dealing with sequences and shots.
If you have a passion for environments and CG we want to hear from you!
• Knowledge of modelling, sculpting, texturing
• Knowledge of layout, shot composition and photography
• Expertise in Maya and/or Houdini
• Experience with Mari/Substance, ZBrush and Nuke
• Previous experience working with scanned references, photos or other artwork to create textures
• Previous experience working with 3D scans
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Previous experience with real-time environments and engines (Unreal, Unity)
• Previous experience with look development and shading
• Previous experience with Linux
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience with in a VFX facility
• Previous education or work experience in fine art or design
• Background in photography
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MPC Episodic we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.