London, United Kingdom
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
Crowd Artists populate scenes with large amounts of agents in Houdini.
This ranges from huge battlefields and sprawling cities, to animal herds, flocks of birds and fish, epic space battles, zombie apocalypses and everything in between!
Reporting to the Crowd Lead and show Supervision, your main tasks will be:
• Setting up crowd agents and clips for shot creation
• Populating and choreographing scenes using proprietary Houdini tools and work flows
• When necessary, create Houdini simulations for more complex behaviors
• Create dailies to review and follow creative and technical feedback
• Release approved crowd to the pipeline for other departments to pick up
• Work with other Crowd Artists to create great looking shots in a smart and efficient manner
• A solid knowledge of Houdini
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• A background in crowd simulation methods
• Technical background using Python and VEX
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Experience in a VFX production pipeline
• Simulation experience
• Problem solving skills
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.