London, United Kingdom
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Crowd Artists populate scenes with large amounts of agents in Houdini.
This ranges from huge battlefields and sprawling cities, to animal herds, flocks of birds and fish, epic space battles, zombie apocalypses and everything in between!
Reporting to the Crowd Lead and show Supervision, your main tasks will be:
• Setting up crowd agents and clips for shot creation
• Populating and choreographing scenes using proprietary Houdini tools and work flows
• When necessary, create Houdini simulations for more complex behaviors
• Create dailies to review and follow creative and technical feedback
• Release approved crowd to the pipeline for other departments to pick up
• Work with other Crowd Artists to create great looking shots in a smart and efficient manner
• A solid knowledge of Houdini
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• A background in crowd simulation methods
• Technical background using Python and VEX
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Experience in a VFX production pipeline
• Simulation experience
• Problem solving skills
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.