VFX Production Coordinator
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
What You'll Do
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The CG Supervisor is responsible for leading these projects to delivery on-time and to specification and is expected to be involved in all 3D aspects. The CG Supervisor demonstrates mastery of the toolsets, techniques and workflows and leadership skills required to effectively lead the CG team, both technically and artistically.
• Attending shoots and supervising VFX requirements on-set
• Creating 3D imagery and animated content for advertising and digital projects
• Producing flawless photo-real 3D imagery across creature, character and VFX animation projects
• Driving creative 3D concepts with the rest of the team
• Work with Producers and Senior Creatives to break down VFX work and quote on CG-orientated shots
• Attend Client meetings from initial pitches and concepts, through feedback and to project completion
• Proactively recommend ongoing pipeline improvements
The CG Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid-level talent within the 3D departments including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The CG Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work.
The CG Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic and represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums.
What You'll Need
CG Supervisor essentials:
• Strong working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline and experience in the supervision of high-end 3D VFX for episodic projects
• Knowledge of advanced 3D modelling, rendering, animation, texturing, lighting, shading, effects and rigging
• Advanced rendering skills with clean, modern aesthetics e.g. Arnold or Mantra
• Expert in Maya and Houdini
• Strong knowledge in general compositing principles e.g. Nuke
• Strong leadership skills
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver
• Organization skills
• Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Programming and writing scripts
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in feature films or full-CG Production
• Previous experience in project management
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.