Moving Picture Company
London, United Kingdom
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
What You'll Do
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The Assets Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to identify potential strategies, assess technical options, and evaluate production schedules. The Assets Supervisor is responsible for leading these projects to deliver on-time and to specification and is expected to be involved in all stages of 3D Pre and Post Production. The Assets Supervisor demonstrates mastery of the toolsets, techniques and workflows and leadership skills required to effectively lead the Assets team, both technically and artistically.
• Defines the creative and technical approach for the show
• Works with Production to manage the day-to-day running of the team and evaluates Artists' schedules
• ensuring they are realistic and achievable
• Responsible for and an expert approach to character, creature, vehicle, and character prop design
• Drive early creature/character design and development
• Drives dailies and rounds with Artists and Supes to give feedback/approvals
• Troubleshoots cross-department Asset-related issues, and identifies and drives efficiencies of any areas
• of asset build and implements solutions for workflow, toolset, pipeline, and design improvement
• Briefs and supervises the Assets work completed by the Bangalore Assets teams
• Ensures that all builds meet and push the global standards of quality of MPC
The Assets Supervisor works with the VFX and CG Supes to assist in the bidding of projects and build key Client relationships.
• Assesses scripts, early concepts and briefs and other reference material to help breakdown Assets requirements and bid out appropriately
• Ensures that bid days are worked to and the best possible product is achieved within those bid days
• Interprets the Client's vision in respect to Characters, in collaboration with the other Supes
The Assets Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid-level talent within the Assets departments including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The Assets Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work.
• Creates and maintains training and discipline documentation
The Assets Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic and represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies.
• Collaborates with the software team and acts as a stakeholder for any asset related software development projects
What You'll Need
Assets Supervisor essentials:
• Strong working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline and experience in the supervision of builds for VFX projects from initial concept through to modelling, texturing, lookdev and rigging stages
• Strong working knowledge of the technical Asset pipeline
• Expert in Maya, Mari, Nuke, zBrush and Photoshop
• Strong knowledge with secondary 3D/2D software packages e.g. marvelous designer, substance painter
• and/or Houdini
• Experience of the entire production process including stage shooting
• Strong leadership skills
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver
• Organization skills
• Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Knowledge of production management and scheduling tools e.g. Shotgun
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in project management