Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
What You'll Do
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The Animation Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of animation on a show on-time and to specification. In collaboration with the Head of Department, the Animation Supervisor develops a plan based on team size and seniority to efficiently deliver the required work, and factoring in both the production requirements and technical/pipeline solutions. The Animation Supervisor demonstrates mastery of the toolsets, techniques and workflows and leadership skills required to effectively lead the Animation team, both technically and artistically.
• Defines the creative and technical approach for the show
• Supervises the creation of high quality, hyper-realistic and/or stylized animation for creatures, characters, and objects
• Ensures that all work meet and push the global standards of quality of MPC
• Works with Production to manage the day-to-day running of the team and evaluates Artists' schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable
• Drives dailies and rounds with Artists and Supes to give constructive feedback/approvals that addresses VFX Supe and Client notes whilst motivating the Artists
• Maintains good communication across departments to ensure technical/pipeline tasks are completed
• Ensures that new technologies are efficient and check thoroughly within the pipeline to certify suitability for the Animation team and any show requirements
• Collaborates with the VFX and CG Supervisors to find creative and technical solutions
The Animation Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid-level talent within the Animation departments including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The Animation Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work.
• Creates and maintains training and discipline documentation
• Acquires knowledge of their team's abilities to effectively manage task delegation ensuring continuity of performance of all objects, digital characters and/or creatures
The Animation Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic and represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies.
What You'll Need
Animation Supervisor essentials:
• Expert in Animation techniques and Animation
• Strong working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline and experience in the supervision of Animation for
• VFX projects from initial concept through to finals
• Expert in Maya
• Strong leadership skills
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver
• Organization skills
• Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Knowledge of production management and scheduling tools e.g. Shotgun
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in project management
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.