What you'll do
We are currently seeking an experienced Advertising Commercial Manager to join our team at our Los Angeles location.
The Advertising Commercial Manager is responsible for providing professional strategic, commercial, operational, and financial support services to the MPC Advertising US studios (LA & NY) and MPC's Global senior management team. They will be a key member of both MPC's management team and the Technicolor Creative Studios Finance Community. They will work collaboratively with fellow FP&A and Financial Control & Accounting teams to ensure best practice and deliver expertise in a cross-section of strategically commercial and financial activities that drive and support profitable growth.
• Provide Commercial, Operational and Financial Leadership to the US (LA & NY) Studio MD's and Global Senior Management team
• Ownership and lead on all aspects of Finance function, with a focus both on strategic decision-making and oversight and tactical day-to-day delivery (e.g. project bidding and project profitability /delivery)
• Drive local studio (LA & NY) periodic strategic business review, annual budgeting, and long-term business planning process (3YP) in collaboration with wider internal finance organizations (FP&A and CAO) and Commercial Director for the Brand
• Collaborate with Production Controlling, FP&A and Financial Controlling teams to provide commentary on margin results and support with revenue forecast and direct cost base elements in periodic business forecast
• Work closely with the Business Leaders to ensure strong performance towards financial metrics and other related business KPIs
• Collaborate with Business Leaders to formulate strategic initiatives to drive sales growth and maximize margins whilst improving resource optimization
• Partner MD and Executive Producers to review Bids to ensure profitable projects are proposed and margin budgeted are going to be achieved. Work with EPs and producers to manage negotiations to ensure projects can be delivered and Bid margins are achievable. Assess project Risk analysis and be an independent voice to MDs and The Global Commercial Director for the brand.
• Assess key financial and production KPIs to quantify business performance and proactively work towards margin optimization
• Lead thoughtful post-mortem analyses on delivered projects to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Liaise with Legal team for timely execution of CoE's and Contracts on all awarded shows
• Identify process challenges and efficiency opportunities and communicate to the relevant process owners
• Support business change projects including a major new Finance transformation implementation
• Own of all aspects of the P&L including revenue recognition and cost management
• Assess risks and opportunities and proactively engage Business Leaders and develop action plans to minimize exposure and enhance opportunities
• Ensure compliance of all relevant business processes and procedures
• Provide Production Tax Incentive expertise
• Rate card negotiations and completion of RFI's
• Work with the Business Intelligence (Power BI) teams to architect design and refine BI (Business intelligence) dashboards to aid live business reviews and KPI measurement.
• Staffing & remuneration; benchmarking, planning, and optimization.
Leadership and Talent Management
• While the role has no direct reports, the role requires strong collaborative efforts and has dotted line reports from the supporting Production Controlling, FP&A and Financial Controlling finance teams
• Establish and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departmental goals and objectives within the business unit service line in partnership with the US Studio MD's
• Responsible for creating best in-class Commercial business acumen within Finance and broader Business team
• Collaboration with all parts of the team collaborate to deliver the forecast, actuals and budget results required from the business – lead, train and course correct as necessary.
• Develop strong commercial acumen along with analytical and critical thinking
• Establish a collaborative mindset and data driven culture within the commercial operations organization to focus on analytical and critical thinking and execution excellence to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
• Inspire and motivate the wider business unit and finance team while translating business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goals
• Prepare, present, and bring to life the commercial business performance to staff outside the financial community, thereby building a strong commercial understanding, awareness and literacy within Production, Marketing and other members of the MPC Studio that results in profitable growth
What you'll need
• Ability to lead financial and commercial acumen when undertaking financial reviews and assessments
• Ability to apply judgement and providing direction on outcomes
• Proven results-oriented leader delivering results in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, and adapt at prioritization and time management
• Demonstrable negotiation, relationship building, and conflict resolutions skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ensuring clarity of messages, ideas, and facts
• Experience working and leveraging BI tools (Microsoft Power BI, Board, QuickSight etc.)
• Experience working in a commercial and financial management role
• Experience working in a Technology, Media & Entertainment environment
• A professional Accountancy Qualification with evidence of up-to-date knowledge and relevant management accounting experience preferred.
• Experience working in a large complex organization preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y9om-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.