The Manager, Authentics & Retail Marketing is responsible for the collection, authentication, and sale of unique memorabilia and merchandise used during Twins games. The person in this position is responsible for collecting items used during Twins games and validating their authenticity, then distributing them for internal use or marketing and selling the items. Additionally, the person in this position is responsible for concepting, designing, and procuring unique items that incorporate game-used components and getting them to market. The Manager, Authentics & Retail Marketing also supervises the Authentics sales staff during Twins home games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Manages MLB Authentication program at Target Field for all home games and major events.
• Coordinates with the Authenticators provided by MLB to maximize the items obtained to preserve the Team's history and provide inventory for charitable activities and retail sales.
• Manages Twins Authentics sales on MLBShop.com, MLB Auctions and through direct sales.
• Oversees all business relationships with 3rd party licenses including Topps and Fanatics.
• Manages the inventory of authenticated merchandise, distributing to the retail outlets, Community Relations, Archives and/or executing on-line auctions to maximize revenue.
• Supervises the day of game staff that operates the sales area for authenticated game used equipment and memorabilia.
• Assists Marketing Communications department with support functions as directed by the Vice President, Brand Marketing.
• Collaborate with the SVP, Operations in serving as a liaison to the Team's Concessionaire managing merchandise sales for Target Field.
• Manager and administer Twins logo usage and execution for brand standards for commerce, including the approval of third-party collaborations, and serving as the primary contact with MLB licensing.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key external partners, agencies, and licensed vendors, including Nike, Fanatics and New Era.
• Work with Corporate Partnerships to leverage and maximize opportunities with retail-related sponsors.
• Create and manage featured product launch campaigns throughout the season to drive traffic and sell-through rate at Twins retail locations.
• Collaborate with Delaware North to develop and effective markdown strategy to minimize inventories and maximize profits.
• Collaborate with internal teams including Digital Communications, Social/Video, Business Analytics, Sponsorship, Public Relations, and Design Services.
• Partner with retail operator on product buying, pricing structure, visual merchandising, and operations.
• Oversee annual retail marketing budget and MLB fund.
• Manage retail creative campaigns, including product ideation, design and production while leading cross-functional campaign/launch strategy, and providing direction for content creation and execution.
• Collaborate with the VP, Finance in development of annual Authentics budget, while also ensuring accurate and timely reporting throughout the year.
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, retail operations, business, or related field.
• 5-7 years of retail sales experience.
• Hands-on experience working with the following: marketing, business, and/or retail operations.
• Experience overseeing multiple campaigns, budget pacing, goal setting, creative development, and messaging.
• Proven experience developing products and marketing campaigns.
• Positive relationship building skills and comfort in speaking & presenting to internal and external partners.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Familiarity with and ability to use point-of-sales, inventory, and shipping systems.
• Knowledge of Minnesota Twins baseball history.
• Prior memorabilia sales experience.
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday.
• Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer, keyboard and telephone.
• Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to walk steps to visit fans during games.
• Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, dining room, etc.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03vkm-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.