Senior Devops Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Data Validation: Execute data validation routines and assess data quality across various systems to identify and rectify inconsistencies, anomalies, and errors within datasets.
• Data Profiling: Conduct data profiling to analyze data patterns, trends, and potential issues that may impact data accuracy and completeness.
• Data Cleansing: Collaborate with data owners and subject matter experts to resolve data quality issues and perform data cleansing activities as necessary.
• Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor data quality metrics and generate regular reports to communicate data quality status to stakeholders.
• Process Improvement: Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to enhance data quality processes and data management practices.
• Collaboration: Collaborate with data engineering, data science, and other cross-functional teams to resolve data-related challenges and support data-driven projects.
• Data Entry: Organizing, filing, and retrieving various data information and compiling into department systems.
• Assisting in various administrative support tasks throughout the fellowship, as needed.
• In addition to the tasks above, there is ample opportunity for areas of personal interest/development through self-determined projects and access to Baseball Operations personnel, information, and systems.
Required Experience and Education:
• College senior or post graduate only.
• Proficiency in SQL and data querying languages.
• Fluency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, and an understanding of baseball.
• Prior experience with data validation or data cleansing projects (internships, academic projects) is advantageous.
• Knowledge of programming languages (Python, R, etc.) is desirable but not mandatory.
• Valid driver's license and comfortable driving in the Twin Cities metro area.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to spot patterns in data.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Positive and proactive attitude and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools.
• Ability to foster and maintain meaningful relationships.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Time Commitment: February 2024 - October 2024.
Hours: 45 hours/week.
Location: Target Field.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqeom1-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.