Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist
Oversee cash receipts and treasury management functions for the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, LLC, and related entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage daily cash application process for the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club and all related entities.
• Deposit of daily cash and application to the General Ledger.
• Prepare all Sponsorship, suite lease and other invoices, as needed and manage AR collection process.
• Prepare and ensure all bank reporting is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Verify all payment requests from the bank.
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close, including completion of all bank reconciliations, as assigned.
• Prepare all cash flow forecasting and ensure sufficient cash is available throughout the month for each entity.
• Prepare all tax filings and payments, including monthly sales tax returns.
• Provide all support needed for lottery machines.
• Prepare schedules for and provides assistance in completing all audits, including MLB revenue sharing, IRS, etc.
• Complete all government reporting as assigned.
• Facilitate a culture of continuous process improvement.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from a four-year college or university: Accounting or Finance majors preferred; and two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Workday ERP system preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team and multi-tasking environment
• Strong organization skills and great attention to detail required
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3eez-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.