Under the direction of the Milwaukee Brewers Retail Department and reporting to the Retail Store Manager, this position is responsible for selling retail merchandise to fans in accordance with the Brewers Team Store customer service standards in all retail store locations and/or kiosk locations. Responsibilities consist of cashiering, customer service and other retail needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Exhibits excellent customer service utilizing Brewers Team Store GLOVE service
• Greets all fans making them feel welcome in all retail locations
• Listens to fans' needs, assists on sales floor, selects/helps locate merchandise
• Offer product information
• Validate fans' selections
• End the fans' experience with a Thank You
• Maintains sales floor zones to Brewers Team Store visual and merchandising standards
• Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves
• Monitors fitting rooms in select locations, return merchandise to sales floor
• Answers the phone and assist fans placing over the phone orders
• Efficiently process sales utilizing retail point-of-sale system
• Accepts payments, bags merchandise, follows cash handling guidelines
• Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mismarked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise
• Watches for and recognizes security risks, thefts, and reports to management
• Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout all retail locations/kiosks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent customer service skills; ability to adhere to Brewers Team Store service standards
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
• Attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change
• Willingness to upsell/recommend add on items to fans
• Willing to learn and use programs on your computer and/or mobile phone to submit availability and complete necessary employment training
• Must have weekend availability
Education and/or Experience
• Retail sales experience preferred
• Prior experience working with point of sale (POS) system preferred
• Previous cash handling experience required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and the internet.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quite loud to moderate to quiet.
This is a seasonal position that requires availability on weekdays/weekends/holidays and ranges from morning shifts to evening shifts. Shifts typically start 3-4 hours prior to game time and conclude once game has ended and closing tasks have been completed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy34op-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.