- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Summary Serve as a radio announcer for approximately 50-70 regular-season road games, along with select spring training broadcasts (radio and webcasts).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide play-by-play (or analysis) for Milwaukee Brewers spring training and regular-season radio broadcasts (primarily road games) and/or webcasts, as assigned
• Participate on air in shoulder and ancillary programming as assigned, including pre- and post-game shows and special features programming
• Conduct interviews with players, coaches, front office executives, etc., and participate in social media and digital features, as assigned
• Serve as emcee (or other involvement) for Brewers and rightsholder events, including client luncheons, sponsor events, Brewers dinners and community events
• Handle voiceover work for promotional spots for Brewers' clients to air on Brewers broadcasts
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum of three-to-five years of experience in handling play-by-play (or analyst) duties in collegiate or professional sports
• This position must reside in the Greater Milwaukee area and be willing to travel via team travel arrangements
• Must be fully vaccinated
Please provide an audio/website link with play-by-play (or analyst) demo and upload with resume. If using audio clip, please upload using Dropbox.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or seven to nine years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Individual should have knowledge and familiarity working with various New/Social Media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and a general understanding of how to produce blog/podcast content.
Other Skills and Abilities
Frequent travel to Spring Training and multiple Brewers road trips each year is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours will be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxvpp-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.