New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Mill is seeking a System Engineer to join our ever-expanding group. The role is a staff role with benefits and will be based in our New York, Manhattan based office.
The Mill has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Bangalore and New York each with a local engineering team at each location. You will be working in collaboration with local and worldwide technology team leaders to maintain the upkeep of the facility and service all and any technical needs that arise all while adhering to global standards and practice.
The System Engineer will have the knowledge and confidence to work within the VFX industry and carry out any tasks set by their line managers. The job consists of being the first line of support for any technical queries and helping out any senior/managerial staff within the Technology department. Shift work will be required from time to time as well as working on weekends when required. Depending on experience / aptitude the role could also be intimately involved with network, video and audio services within the facilities.
An important aspect of the role will be to embrace and contribute to documentation procedures and if not already conversant should be prepared to learn to use drawing and other software packages to communicate accurately with colleagues and suppliers. The successful candidate will show a willingness to turn their hand to any challenge presented to them and resource it in a timescale relevant to urgency. This will undoubtedly involve juggling tasks running in tandem and will be reporting to the local Head of Technology.
• Be the first point of contact for all ticket issues from staff and pass that information into Engineering as necessary.
• Provide technical support for VFX Artists.
• Manage ticketing system by logging, escalation and providing feedback to artists
• Support Engineering staff and department and escalate issues as needed.
• With guidance of the Lead Technical Engineers maintain, support and upgrade onsite and offsite equipment, software and cabling.
• Routine maintenance of artist workstations and monitor calibration.
• Scheduled on a shift pattern to provide support and assistance to all staff in the building. Shift as arranged with the Heads of Technology with occasional work outside of normal hours
• Maintain tidiness and safety of all technical areas including MCR, suites, workshops and storage areas.
• Understanding of core-VFX principles and software (Maya, Nuke, Flame)
• Computer hardware troubleshooting, knowledge and experience
• Active Directory knowledge beneficial.
• Autonomous self-starter
• Desktop OS experience with Mac OS X and Windows 10.
• Linux experience beneficial.
• Active Directory knowledge beneficial.
• Experience with floating licenses, VOIP, Active Directory, basic file sharing principals
• Cloud experience beneficiaL
• Entry level position
• Able to communicate closely and effectively with people at all levels.
• A degree in technology and or equivalent experience beneficial
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.