Digital Matte Painter
Los Angeles, CA
About The Mill
We collaborate with groundbreaking directors, creative agencies and visionary brands who trust us to bring their ideas to life. We value the two-way nature of these partnerships and understand that our clients give us opportunities to improve our craft and astound their audiences.
Though we are renowned for our unrivalled creative expertise, we are just as inventive with our workflow solutions and pride ourselves on our impeccable account management and client service.
Our realtime team is a fast-paced proactive team, with great opportunities for growth, experimental endowers and creative ownership. We are looking for candidates that are ambitious, dedicated to quality and diligent work ethics. The Mill always strives to improve and so should you. We seek quick learners, always hunting out new information and learning and adapting to new technologies and ideas. We need candidates with strong technical skills and quickly learn new software and hardware.
Ideal candidates also have experience in the production environment.
• Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
• Lead and grow the creative real time team at Mill LA
• Lead collaboration between our the global teams
• Collaborate with CG team or between disciplines to find the best solutions to all major technical and/or creative challenges facing the realtime team
• Bid and plan work
• Communicate and manage clients
• Creatively and technically supervise projects and collaborate with our directors and creative directors.
• Provide regular guidance, constructive criticism & critical feedback to artists, ensuring that all art teams are producing assets that meet the overall visual style and quality bar
• Plan and continue to develop our realtime pipeline. Research and explore new developments in graphics software and technology that could benefit the studio.
• 4+ Years' experience in creative leadership roles with demonstrated success.
• 10+ years of Graphic Design experience, preferably in the Gaming and VFX Industry
• Expert skills working with blueprints/ Unreal Engine (Unity and frostbite, knowledges is a plus)
• Experience with VFX pipelines (Maya and Houdini)
• Strong VP experience
• Ability to inspire & lead with a people-first mindset.
• Ability to think critically and put the needs of our projects and teams ahead of your own.
• Passion to thrive in a fast-paced development environment.
• Passion to grow and develop alongside our teams.
• Experience finding solutions from a visual, production, and technical perspective
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.