The Manager of Baseball Communications will take a lead role in advancing coverage of the Miami Marlins team and executing internal and external requests for players, coaches and Baseball Operations staff. In addition to working all home games and supporting activity related to road games, this person will represent the organization on select road trips and events. This role will require a strong writer with excellent baseball knowledge who can create press releases and manage the department's digital platforms and publications in an effective manner.
• Manages the coordination of traditional media requests for players and coaches daily and will travel with the team on select trips as well as overseeing press operations for home events.
• Contributes to the idea generation and strategy for all of the department's media activity pertaining to the team and baseball operations department.
• Lead writer and editor for all publications and baseball-related press releases, including all daily transaction announcements, award submissions, and other written materials and information for public distribution.
• Serves as a liaison for baseball operation on all details related to game days.
• Organizes player interaction for meet and greets as needed with ticketing, community relations and other departments
• Supports the department at select internal events and serves as the lead with PR and digital media strategy at certain MLB events as directed.
• Produce team statistical information and game notes by working with Baseball Operations staff and Major League Baseball for Media and Club use; create and maintain statistical information website for media purposes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Must have excellent written and editing abilities with a background in baseball writing, including familiarity with baseball terminology and an understanding of AP style
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Proven ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external partners
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamless with excellent attention to detail
• Solid understanding of communications strategies necessary including emerging technologies and non-traditional media
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a related area
• 3-5 years of related work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe InDesign; working knowledge of SharePoint, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and WordPress a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4pnmq-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.